Thursday, May 3, 2012

May 3 What I Wore Today

What I wore today are symbols of things very close to my heart. The first being my wedding band from Israel inscribed with "Ani L'Dodi, v'Dodi Li" (I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine), which is the most well-known quote from "Shir HaShirim," or "The Song of Songs," written by King Solomon in the language of a beautiful, romantic declaration between a husband and wife, as an allegory for the love between the people of Israel and YHVH. The second, also from Israel, is my Am Yisreal Chai necklace, meaning "life to the people of Israel" or "live people of Israel". I couldn't decide which picture I liked the best so I decided to post all four. You can let me know which is your favorite.

Shalom,
Julie




 

2 comments:

  1. I like picture number four! Very nice photography.

    I'm glad you enjoyed my post at Raising Arrows and I can't tell you how many days I wish I was more like Michelle Duggar. I'm sure she's had her fair share of attitude struggles as well.

    Keep in touch,
    Anna from learninglittlebits.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I plan on reading the rest of your series when I get a chance. It's on "the list" ; )

      Delete